Saturday, October 18, 2014

One Year

Last October, I attended an annual scrapbooking retreat with some of my favorite ladies in the world! I had no idea how drastically my life would change in the next year.

Since last year’s retreat…..

I was told that I probably wouldn't be able to have another baby without medical intervention...we later found out I was already pregnant at that appointment.

My father-in-law passed away (Jarrod’s stepfather).

I experienced heavy bleeding and thought I was losing the baby. It was actually partial placenta previa.

Jarrod was hospitalized with severe pancreatitis.

We found out we were having a GIRL! :)

Our 13 year old dog, Colby, had to be put to sleep.

Two months later, our 15 year old dog, Gracie, had to be put to sleep.

Abby was born after a very fast, and somewhat scary, delivery.

I was hospitalized for Postpartum Depression.

My mother passed away.

My grandmother was diagnosed with lung cancer.

Now I am back at the retreat and taking some time to reflect on the unexpected challenges (and joys) of the past year. I am hoping that writing about some of these experiences will help with my continued recovery and healing.

No comments:

Post a Comment