Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Top Ten Things I've Recently Learned - #1

And finally, I’ve learned that God’s plans are always better than anything I could ever imagine! I have wanted to go on another trip with my church ever since my trip to South Africa in 2003; however, I couldn’t afford to take time off work and a lot of trips are in the summer when I am in school (I teach at a year-round school.) I had decided that 2011 wouldn’t be a good year for another trip. One morning a few weeks ago I got an email asking if I knew anyone who would be interested in a trip to Kenya to support church planters and work with their children. The dates of the trip are during my fall intersession from school so I wouldn’t have to miss any work! After talking with Jarrod and praying about the trip, I’ve decided to go to Nairobi, Kenya in September! I will need to raise $2850 and ask that you please consider supporting me financially and prayerfully.  Checks can be written to The Summit Church with “Kenya 2011 – Dana Walker” on the memo line. Donations are tax deductible. Please pray for God to use me to bless the families I will be working with in Kenya! Your support is sincerely appreciated!

Checks can be mailed to
The Summit Church
2335-114 Presidential Dr.
Durham, NC 27703

Of course you could also come to one of our services on Saturday or Sunday and drop your donation in the "offering bucket!" Check out http://www.summitrdu.com/ for more information on times and locations! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment