Friday, December 30, 2011

2012 Declutter Calendar

I've attempted to follow several different organization programs over the years. I use a lot of Flylady's techniques (http://www.flylady.net/) and recently I have found a lot of great ideas on Pinterest. One of the ideas that I "pinned" comes from http://www.mysimplerlife.com/2012.htm This is a calendar that gives you one assignment each day for decluttering. I am trying to complete several of the January projects before going back to work.

One project is to set up a donation station. I have a bench by the door and as I am decluttering I place unwanted items inside a cardboard box. When the box is full, I get it out of the house! I also cleared off 2 shelves on the bookshelf by our front door: one for Eli and one for Joseph. These shelves will be used to place the things they need to take to school or church each day. A lot of time is wasted looking for things every morning...bookbag, show and tell, mat sheet, etc.

The next project I am tackling is a much bigger challenge: declutter the tops of kitchen cabinets and dust. This is the place where I put things that I don't want the boys to find or mess with...there's a lot of stuff up there! It is dirty and dusty...yuck! I will work on this a little at a time. I will start tonight while the boys are sleeping. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment