Saturday, December 31, 2011

Confession

My project for today was to clean off the top of our kitchen cabinets. Here is a "Before" picture:




Now here is an "After" picture:


When Jarrod and I lived in Wake County I used to take classes at a pottery studio called Bisque Art. This was "BK" (Before Kids.) Today I enjoyed taking some of my pieces down, washing them, and displaying them neatly on top of the cabinets. I took pictures and they are obviously not professional quality. :)

Here is the bowl I painted at my first class in 1999:


I painted this Rainbox Trout for Jarrod and it is one of my favorite pieces:


This picture is not very good, but this is also one of my favorite pieces:


These lilies were a lot of fun to paint:


This was the most difficult thing I painted...it was so detailed!! We used really thin tape to make the grid, then we painted over it, and finally peeled the tape off.


Now here is my confession: A long time ago I put some cupcakes on top of the cabinets so the boys wouldn't get into them without permission....and I found them today!!!! I can't believe that I totally forgot about those cupcakes! That is why I desperately need to continue with this challenge!!

My next challenge is to clean out the top shelf of one cabinet.

4 comments:

  1. I wanna see the cupcakes...lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Dana! The bowl is my favorite! So pretty! The cupcakes had me laughing out loud! Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No you don't...cupcakes are a bioweapon as defined by multiple government agencies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I about cried when my fish plate broke but luckily the super glue worked. I still have the sunflower pitcher you painted for me.

    ReplyDelete