Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!

My challenge for today was fairly easy. I quickly finished cleaning out the top shelf of a kitchen cabinet and instead of moving on to another challenge, I had some quality time with my boys.

I live in a "Divided Household." Jarrod is a Carolina fan and I am a Duke fan. I was offered free tickets to the Duke vs. Pennsylvania game today and Jarrod was happy to go with me (as long as Duke isn't playing UNC we get along just fine. :) ) Jarrod started feeling pretty yucky and asked if I would be really upset if he didn't go to the game. Although I was disappointed, I figured this would be a good opportunity for quality time with Joseph. Eli stayed home and watched movies with Jarrod. I was afraid that he would be upset, but he never fussed about it...he just asked me to bring him a surprise! Joseph and I enjoyed our time together...and he was REALLY excited to see his kindergarten teacher at the game.

Here are just a couple before/after pictures from today's challenge:

Before:

After:



The cabinet door on the left is broken, so I put one of my favorite crosses there so it will look pretty while it has no door. :)



I must admit, I am proud of myself for staying "in control" at Target this evening. In the Dollar Spot, the items with a yellow dot were supposed to be 50% off, but someone told me they were actually 70% off. I normally would have gone crazy, but this time I only bought a few things that I knew my students would love in my treasure box. I am not even bringing it in the house....it is all going straight to school. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment