Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Little by Little

I haven't been decluttering as much as I did while on Intersession. According to the decluttering calendar I've been using, I was supposed to go through a storage shelf or pile for 6 days. I decided to tackle my closet!! Even though it is not completely finished it is time to move on to another project before I burn out and give up on decluttering! There's still a lot to do, but I'm happy with the progress I've made so far! At least I can walk inside the closet without climbing over "stuff!"

Here are the before/after pics:




I know you are all admiring the cool "artwork" that I have on my wall! Once all of the decluttering is finished I think it will be time to repaint the whole house! :)

The next project on the calendar is to declutter candles. This will be hard for me because I have candles spread out all over the house. I love my Partylite candles (my dear friend Pennie is a consultant...check out her website: www.partylite.biz/pennieg .) As I have been decluttering I have been putting all of the candles I come across in one area.

The next project is to sort through pictures!! This is another project that I will need to skip for now. I have pictures in several different areas and need to declutter those areas before I can do a really good job of sorting them. I have already sorted a majority of my pictures because I love to scrapbook. I usually take my pictures to scrapbook retreats so I can sort them when I'm away from all of the chaos at home.

The next project is to "only keep your good, sharp knives." I am happy to say that all of my knives are sharp because I recently bought a complete set of Pampered Chef knives with the bamboo butcher block! I got a great deal on them because I hosted a show. My mom was happy to take my "old" knives because they were nicer than her "old" knives.

This next project is one that I can definitely work on.....go through plastic bag/foil area! This is an area of my pantry that really needs work!


No comments:

Post a Comment