Friday, January 20, 2012

What a Week!


After my pity party last week, I decided to start this week with a more positive attitude...I was somewhat successful.

On Monday, Joseph and I had the day off and I had lots planned for us to accomplish! I woke up late and decided to keep Eli home with us instead of taking him to preschool. Big mistake! My list of things to accomplish was changed drastically....sometimes the boys play nicely together, but lately I have felt like a referree! We ended up sending something to Jarrod by FedEx, getting the car inspected, having lunch at Cracker Barrell with a gift card from Christmas, and heading back to the house. Later in the afternoon a good friend called to ask if we had dinner plans. We met her family at Pizza Inn and had a lot of fun! Even though I didn't get a lot accomplished on my "To Do" list, I still had fun with my boys...well, most of it was fun.

On Tuesday, it was back to work. Nothing too exciting happened that day...except the FedEx package arrived over an hour late and I got a full refund of the $27 I spent!

On Wednesday, I had a late meeting and didn't leave school until almost 5:00. I wasn't feeling great (my energy is still low from being sick) and I was tempted to go home and crash! Instead, I took the boys to Awana at church and spent some much needed girl time with a friend!

On Thursday, the boys and I came home earlier than usual because I had a lot of work to do. I had paperwork to complete for a meeting and totally procrastinated! In the end, I got it all done and was prepared for Friday's meeting.

On Friday, our family celebrated Joseph's 7th birthday!! After school, Joseph and I headed to the movie theater and he was SO SURPRISED when Jarrod and Eli met us there! He had no idea that his Daddy had come home early and picked up Eli. We had a wonderful time at the theater and are enjoying some quiet time at home now....well, mostly quiet...Eli just came in the room crying because Joseph smacked his arm. Here we go again....

Here is one of my favorite pictures of Joseph when he was a baby....


1 comment:

  1. Packed week! I can't believe our little boys are so big. I remember Joseph at that age...he looked like his daddy so much there.

    ReplyDelete