Friday, May 27, 2011

It could always be worse.....

Sometimes I have "one of those days." You know, the kind of day where almost everything goes a little crazy...but everyone is safe and happy, so I have to think to myself, "It could always be worse!"

I woke up late as usual and got everyone ready to go this morning. I dropped off Eli at preschool, then took Joseph to school for his big field trip to the Durham Bulls stadium! After walking Joseph to his class and waiting for instructions from Mrs. Weber, I got the tickets for the game and headed to my trailer to meet with my substitute. I basically scribbled some plans for her and told her that the day may be a little crazy because we only have 9 days of school left! I then quickly finished some paperwork that was due to the Assistant Principal today (I'm not a procrastinator....really!)

I was finally able to leave school and wanted to stop by Bojangle's for a biscuit and Mt. Dew! The breakfast of champions! :) There was a sign on the drive thru menu that said "Sweet Tea Only" because the soda machine wasn't working. NO!!!!!!!!! I *need* my Mt. Dew. I didn't have time to go anywhere else so I ordered some orange juice. At the window I told the lady that I couldn't believe there was no Mt. Dew....I must have looked pitiful, because she asked if a free Sierra Mist would help. Then she turned around and said the manager just came in with a 2 liter of Mt. Dew and she poured me a BIG free cup full! (I swear I'm not addicted....)

After making it to the Durham Bulls stadium, I found a parking space and started walking to the stadium. I was almost to the gate when I realized the tickets were in the truck....back to the truck I hiked to get the tickets! Once the bus arrived, Joseph and the 2 little girls in my group were so excited! The girls held my hands while my wild child kept running too far ahead. We went down and visited with my friend Jatovi from high school. Then found our seats....the seats were 4, 5, 6, and 9....hmmmm, who is gonna sit alone in seat 9?! Thankfully no one came for seat 7 so we were fine, until.....it started thundering, lightning, and pouring rain! We still had about an hour and a half before the buses returned! The kids were going wild and everyone was crammed in the concourse trying to stay out of the storm. During one of many bathroom trips, one of my girls yells, "Mrs. Walker I need you to come in here."Oh no....I had a quick moment of panic as I imagined many different bathroom emergencies....but all she needed was for me to fix the toilet paper because it was stuck and she couldn't pull any out.

When the buses arrived, I took the girls back to Mrs. Weber, signed out Joseph, and we headed for our truck. Once in the truck, I realized that my cell was missing. I couldn't find it in the stadium and assumed I left it in the truck. I dumped everything out of my purse and searched the camera bag that I took inside the stadium. I finally found it...it had slipped off the middle console and slid under the backseat.

I needed some things at Walmart, so that's where we headed next. At this point it had started pouring again, so Joseph and I ran inside and spent lots of time walking around while waiting for the storm to pass. When our cart full of "treasures" had been scanned, bagged, and put back in the cart, I was ready to pay....."Debit Error - Code 5." Ummmm....what does that mean?! I knew there was money in the bank...at least I knew there was money in the bank last night! I started to panic thinking all kinds of horrible things....after finally reaching someone at my bank's customer service department I was informed that there had been a security breach, my card had been cancelled, and a new one had been mailed. WHAT?!?! Thanks for calling or emailing to let me know! I was on my online banking site last night and there was no notification of this! As much as I wanted to leave my cart and go home, I really needed some of the stuff, so I ran in the rain to my truck to get my checkbook and went back inside to pay for everything.

Joseph and I finally made it home with a little bit of time to relax before picking up Eli from preschool. I knew our 110 pound chocolate lab, Colby, was freaking out because of the storm....as we opened the door I saw our trash torn to little shreds all over the kitchen and living room. While yelling and saying not so nice words, I cleaned up the mess and gave Colby his medicine that helps keep him calm during storms. I should be up from this computer and cleaning the house, but I just needed a break. Oh no....Joseph is calling me....Colby is peeing in the floor! Gotta go...........

2 comments:

  1. Oh my! Glad you made it home safe and sound! Spend the weekend by the pool and relax!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What this is not a "Normal" day?

    ReplyDelete