Monday, May 23, 2011

Top Ten Things I've Recently Learned - #9

I’ve learned that it is possible for 2 complete couch potatoes to complete a half marathon (without being picked up by the bus!) Through the Team in Training program, I raised $3000 for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society and completed my first half marathon in beautiful San Diego! I became overly confident and signed up for another half marathon….this time at Disney World! I forced persuaded Jarrod to participate with me! This time I didn’t train properly, almost didn’t finish, and swore I would NEVER do that again! Yep, you guessed it, I’ve signed up for another race! This time I’m a mentor with Team in Training and I’ll be racing in the City of Oaks half marathon in Raleigh! You can keep up with my progress at http://pages.teamintraining.org/nc/oaks11/dwalkerszb.

Stay tuned for #8....  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment